Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Make Me A Mask

When I walked into their room this morning, they were both sitting in the rockers and going thru their letters on these cool 'writing boards' - by the time I got back, Harry had moved to the floor and started drawing pix instead, but it was a sweet moment for me....it's so encouraging to see them initiate the 'work' of learning!

For Mardi Gras, the Amazing Mrs. B let the kids create their own masks - Jack on the left and Harry on the right.
And a little art research helped me figure out who Mrs. B. was referencing when she said that Harry's sort of reminded her of Keith Haring (I'll pass along her cautionary note about his subject matter being risque at times, fair warning)
Here's Harry's (Garmin-inspired, of course)
and here's a Haring-painted BMW - do you see a similar style?
...and this song was really relevant since their dreams made a long nite of it last nite - no more Scooby for a while...grrrr
Fleetwood Mac

0 Somethings To Talk About:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin