Stephanie, of Scraps: Making something beautiful from the bits and pieces of an ordinary life. , is a quilter, a gentle soul, a movie trivia fan, a Halloween phenomenon, and we seem to share a lot more musical tastes than I'd realized. And I found her through another wonderfully amazing and kind blogger, Antique Mommy. Reading them makes me happy, and so did doing this meme - hope you tap a foot or two and have a little fun - if you do the meme, please leave a comment so I can check yours out ;-)
You can find the directions at the link above, but basically you shuffle your ipod and answer these questions in order (no cheating, it's much funnier that way!). I added the lyrics that seemed to fit because it was funner (a grammar joke from last nite's comedy club) for me....maybe for you, too
HOW DID YOU BECOME A MOM? "Follow Me/Double Wide" by Uncle Kracker ...Follow me everything is alright, I'll be the one to tuck you in at night.... baby I'm not scared....you're better off if you don't ask why AND Double Wide intro: Kracker - What if I don't make it Kid Rock - That's impossibleWHAT DID YOU THINK THE FIRST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BABY? "I Fall To Pieces" by Patsy Cline ....the lyrics don't work so well, but it's one of my favorites, and it's true in a different way
WHAT DID YOU DO THE FIRST MORNING AFTER A SLEEPLESS NIGHT? "Waitin' On A Friend" by Rolling Stones ....I'm just trying to make some sense....a smile relieves a heart that grieves...I need someone to protect
WHAT DO YOU SAY WHEN SOMEONE COLORS ON THE WALL? "School's Out For Summer" by Alice Cooper ....No more pencils!
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A TODDLER’S BODILY FLUID ISSUES? "Fruit Salad Salsa" by Laurie Berkner ....ewww
IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR A SNACK, YOU SAY? "Seven Bridges Road" by Alan Jackson ....there is moonlight and moss in the trees - how does that sound? yummy, right?!
IF SOMEONE LEAVES THEIR STUFF ON THE FLOOR, YOU SAY? "When I Think About Cheatin'" by Gretchen Wilson .....I've never crossed the line or needed an alibi to cover up a lie
IF SOMEONE ISN’T SICK TODAY, YOU SAY? "Get Up, Stand Up" by Bob Marley ..... Preacherman, don't tell me, Heaven is under the earth
HOW DO YOUR KIDS ENJOY YOUR COOKING? "Amazing Grace" by Lyle Lovett, Reba McIntire, Clint Black, Waylon Jennings, Carlene Carter....His endless grace will leave me whole - Dean taught them early to say 'thank you for the delicious meal'...it's a nicety that has stuck so far ;-)
HOW DID YOUR KIDS DO IN SCHOOL TODAY? "Today I Started Loving You Again" by Vince Gill and Brad Paisley ....What a fool I was to think I could get by
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF WHILE SITTING IN CARPOOL LINE? "Trick-Or-Treat" by Andrew Gold...I gotta get these things into a different playlist ;-) {OT: there is a pretty cool Fastway song with this title}
HOMESCHOOLERS, WHAT IS THE FIRST SUBJECT TAUGHT OF THE DAY? "Melissa" by
Allman Brothers ...Crossroads, will you ever let him go? We are all ready for school :-)
WHAT DO YOUR KIDS WANT TO BE WHEN THEY GROW UP? "Bad To The Bone" by George Thoroughgood ..... I'll make a rich woman beg, I'll make a good woman steal, I'll make an old woman blush, And make a young woman squeal Fair warning - lock 'em up ;-)
WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE WHEN THEY GROW UP? "Ragged Old Flag" by Johnny Cash ... (this fits in more ways than I can say, the flag was Harry's 'lovie' for the longest time and Jack has a real affinity for the Statue of Liberty....patriots they are, so I'm preparing myself)...On second thought, I do like to brag,'Cause I'm mighty proud of the Ragged Old Flag"
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY AS A MOM? "BarLight/Life Of The Party" by Charlie Robison....this is a hilarious take on all the classic nursery rhymes he calls a Honky Tonk Nursery Rhyme - barlight, barbright, first bar that I see tonite, wish I may, wish I might, find someone to hold me tight, hey diddle diddle, the man with the fiddle and the girls sing along with the tune, just one more dance and you can turn out the lites and you can shut down this saloon
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE AS A MOM? "Oh, Happy Day" by Mahalia Jackson...I'm talking about the happy days (oh happy day)
WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO AS A MOM? "Twisting By The Pool" by Dire Straits .... We're going on a holiday now
HOW DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE REALLY A MOM? "Play That Funky Music White Boy" by Dr. Hook (I could NOT do some music thing without a little wacky DH) ....and just when it hit me
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MOST OFTEN AS A MOM? "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe ..... And I'll hang around as long as you will let me (you can find this classic mother line:Well I wonder why you don't call me, but I pray I will never be *that* mom)
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY AS A MOM? "I Love My Rooster" by Laurie Berkner ..... I love my rooster, my rooster loves me
WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET AS A MOM? "Listen To The Rhythm Of The Falling Rain" by Ricky Nelson .... pitter patter pitter patter Not really regret, but in the perfect world none of us would be touched by sadness - if they ever catch me crying or getting emotinal, they say 'don't whine, mommy!' LOL
WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE AS A MOM? "Time Is On My Side" by Rolling Stones .... Remember, I'll always be around I have to say that waiting, not that we did it patiently, has brought us amazing wonders, so it was on my side .....
WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH? "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks ...can the child within my heart rise above?
WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT MAKES YOU CRY? "Garden Party" by Ricky Nelson .... A chance to share old memories and play our songs again
WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT SCARES YOU THE MOST? "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" by John Denver ..... A lotta sad people thinkin’ that’s mighty keen I do worry about them getting side-tracked by all the bright, shiny objects
HOW DO YOUR KIDS DESCRIBE YOU AS THEIR MOM? "Waterfalls/Now & Forever" by TLC
..... She'll be by his side ...Believe in yourself, The rest is up to me and you
I LOVE this song!
IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE? "Paper Wings" by Gillian Welch ... But you made me feel like they were heaven sent
WHAT WILL YOUR MOM OF THE YEAR CERTIFICATE SAY? "You've Got A Friend In Me" Randy Newman and Lyle Lovett ... But none of them Will ever love you The way I do It's me and you, boy
...oh, that was a lot of fun, and the one time I tried to cheat, I realized it was all messed up, so do it straight up and share what you get, please :-)
Whew, I have no idea how you who write a lot do it....I'm wiped, but have a spring in my step - Happy weekend!
Hey, Good Lookin' was the next song up, so I'm off to do a little cookin'!
Thanx again, Stephanie, for reminding me how wonderful life and music are :hug:
Heart
0 Somethings To Talk About:
Post a Comment
Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is