Friday is the birthday of both my mother and her sister, my dear Aunt El. They were born on the same day, thirteen years apart with a major world war in between. It's a big one for AE, 75 years (sorry if this outs you, Mom) but it's a wonderful thing to live all those years and have collected all the memories that come with those moments big and small.
We decided to wish her well and found these little heart-shaped papers, a small wooden treasure box, and off we went. The boys contributed most of the wishes and hopes, some of which may make no sense and some of which will melt a heart. She doesn't read this blog, so I doubt I'm spoiling any surprises by sharing a few: Jack hopes she has LOTS of red (his favorite) balloons, catches lots of kisses and knows how much he loves her. Harry hopes she gets lots of toys, has good cake and keeps her power (storms were looming while we thought). Some were silly and some were sweet, and all were made with love.
I hope she loves it and it brightens her days as much as it did ours!
11/05/08 Jack: The last time I voted, I couldn't see over the black (table edge). Harry: Mommy, I being a nice gentleman.
Nirvana
5 Somethings To Talk About:
Aw, I love it. Happy Birthday to your loved ones!!
What a sweet idea! I love it.
Aw! Happy birthday Mom and Auntie! Love this idea!
Happy Birthday to your Mother and Aunt El.
Handmade gifts are absolutely the BEST gifts ... she is going to LOVE this!
Aw, that's about the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love the wish for lots of red balloons. So precious.
Post a Comment
Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is