Yesterday was my Dear Aunt Libby's birthday, and though she's been gone for 7 years now, her spirit lives on in our lives in so many good ways. It was hard to write about it yesterday because some days I just miss her so, but I did don a SB shirt and head to the gym in her honor (Say HEY, HASAYers!)
She was funny and feisty and I never visited her without someone coming up to her to tell her a story about how they watched her play ball, how their life was turned around by her counseling or teaching them, or some such inspiring thing. In my memory, she was always the person in our family who first went to college and really embodied a love of education. She made me laugh, she made me try to be a better person, and she loved my darling husband. My beloved Aunt Libby died in September of 2001 and was buried on September 11th, so that's where I was 'when the world stopped turning.' I always like to think of the ways that it HASN'T for so many of us whose lives she helped to shape.
0 Somethings To Talk About:
Post a Comment
Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is