
We are planning the boys' Boo Bash and getting into the spirit - we had checked this great book, One Witch, out of the library about two years ago. The boys loved hearing it and I loved reading it - great counting back and forth, cool intro to scary things that wasn't too scary. I decided to buy it since someone had already checked it out from the library, then found these two other books by her: My Monster Mama Loves Me and I Love My Pirate Papa - yay!
I lifted this review from Facebook and have no idea how to credit it, but it was listed in ReadingSocial
One Witch
by Laura Leuck
The book of the Halloween season that’s sure to become a year-round classic.
One witch, on a hill, had an empty pot to fill. So what does that one witch do? She goes around to visit all her fiendish friends, naturally; two cats, three scarecrows, four goblins, five vampires, six mummies, seven owls, eight ghosts, nine skeletons, and ten werewolves.
At every stop they contribute ghoulishly tasty ingredients until the witch has enough to make a properly gruesome stew for her party. Then, of course, she must send out her invitations; to the ten werewolves, nine skeletons, eight ghosts, seven owls, six mummies…
Count up and count down again as one witch gets ready for a fun-filled monster bash. Come along, they’ve got a special surprise waiting just…FOR…YOU!
Eagles
2 Somethings To Talk About:
I love the Halloween through the years pictures! I'll have to check out that book...
Me too. I second Casey's emotion.
Post a Comment
Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is