Thursday, August 7, 2008

z-I-N-G-O, Zingo was it's name, oh!

So the boys had a great time with Dean last nite, and I felt really good about helping with the Y's Bright Beginnings program. In our little community, they provide backpacks chock-full of school supplies, cute shirts for the shoppers, dinner and a $100 shopping spree for clothes - it's a pretty impressive program, and the kids were so appreciative. It's a great program, from my little experience!

I cannot get this little song out of my head, the boys are asking to play it again as soon as naps are over. Thanx, I think, Aunt Jackie for finding this game for them :-)

We saw The Water Horse at the movies with their friend Zach and my friend Christina - it's really the first in-depth story they've seen, and they all did pretty well. It's set in WWII and provides another version of the Loch Ness Monster legend....I think the PG13 rating was mostly based on the somewhat violent setting and a more intense story line. If you like beautiful scenery and magical tales, it's a good one. This is our last weekly movie trip because we're traveling next week and the place we're going is a week behind us (not sure they'll want to see either of these again so soon). It was a lot of fun, more so every year!

The only negative about this year's season is that the sponsor was Cartoon Network, which tends to be a lot more visually grotesque and 'mean' than they really like. Who knows why they changed - the current story includes some pretty nasty-looking creatures and introduces a cross-dressing monster who says something to the effect of a real girl has to be pretty and a real man has to be ugly (WHAT?!?), lying, manipulating, and all sorts of bizarreness that just seemed unnecessary....yikes, am I getting old or what?! A few of us are talking about giving them some feedback about what sort of pre-show show would be appropriate....we'll see how that flies ;-)

My DH got me a new camera memory card and we're hopefully switching out phones soon, so there will be some pix to entertain you soon.

Happy Thursday!

0 Somethings To Talk About:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin