Monday, August 18, 2008

Monster Boogie

This picture is from June and has been sitting in a blog dump folder - tho I haven't gotten around to posting it, it just always makes me laugh...maybe it's not as fun if you weren't there for the motions but he's been doing this sort of silly dance since he was a teeny. Somewhere I have a shot where he looks all gangsta with one arm and like he's Rocky with the other - I think he was about 5 months old.

This funny LB song was a favorite, especially once they heard the word 'hairy' and said, hey that's not right - Harry's not a monster!


He's been playing with words and spelling more and more recently and his recent trick of puposely switching words is driving me nuts (and has me hoping Miss Lisa has a great sense of humor and a lotta patience). For example, he loves to say J-A-C-K Harry H-A-R-R-Y Jack and watch to see what I'll say. The same with on/off and all sorts of words I can't think of at the moment. I think I'm purposely blocking it ;-)
This is his early morning conversation(did I mention that he almost never stops talking lately??) Hey, Mommy, Jake and Joke rhyme! No, they both start with the letter J and end with the letter k but they DON'T rhyme. At this point Jack jumps into the fray and we start talking about silent e's ..... maybe I need to start drinking coffee.
I think this is the first purposeful mnemonic: LAMR was on a sticker he found and he wanted to remember it, so he says "it's like left, radio, right" (radio means AM/FM to him) He's been talking a lot about abbreviations recently.
And they have this blowup microphone they received as a birthday favor several years ago(thanx, Patrick!) It has an 'on' and 'off' label, so he enjoyed turning it over and over spelling 'on' and 'no' with a big ole AHA smile. Sweet, silly boy

1 Somethings To Talk About:

Colleen Wms said...

Got your phone message. We're at the beach for a few days so I am not using my pc & don't have your e-mail address to respond about b-day ideas. Send me a message and I'll write back. I assume you have mine.
cmchwms

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin