Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No, I won't back down

I fought the law, and the law ....didn't win! I got a ticket last month for speeding in a school zone and had picture proof that I entered the zone at a point where the sign was not visible - I sat thru an hour at the courthouse to be told that the officer realized I was right and dropped the charges...woohoo! It was quite an experience to watch the 20-odd people filing thru the courtroom today...

The kiddos are negotiating all sorts of social situations lately, and Harry has been working toward some more effective assertion skills. In the old days, he would have sawn his arm off with a plastic fork if it would make Jack happy...in the last month, he's been taking his turn more often. "Excuse me, it's my turn to talk now!" The road is a little bumpy at the moment, but we're so pleased that he's finally standing up for himself. Today, I overheard him tell three friends that they couldn't shut him out of their game - you go, little man!


Our little cartographer - the boy loves roads, routes, and the Garmin!
I loved this picture of him from the weekend


Jack's also working on a lot of social nuances, trying to figure out the differences between being a leader and being bossy, and how to handle things great and small. He loves playing the slots at Grayson's house, and came home with a pocketful of quarters today - he gets it honest, I guess since I whiled away many hours at Aunt Libby's dime machine - I hope we don't have to find the G.A. schedule any time soon ;-)
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

06/24/09 Harry: Sometimes the Garmin lady interrupts me when I am telling a story! Jack:Welcome to the gun show! (as he flexes his muscles)

0 Somethings To Talk About:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin