Monday, June 9, 2008

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

...but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need!

This is one of those songs we sing with them, they're even ok about the truth behind it most of the time. Saturday, Jack was singing along and re-wrote the lyrics at the last minute.....

' you get what you DON'T WANT!'

I probably shouldn't have laughed, but it was so true and so pitiful in his sweet little voice.

*****

And back to movie dialogue, lessons, etc.

I can't believe how much of an impact a scene from Nim's Island has had on them. She climbs up the side of a volcano and gets a pretty serious scrape on the way down - it's stuck with them in the 'if she didn't cry and was a brave girl, I can be a brave boy' sort of way. Yay for vicarious lessons!

'Lean back!' from Toy Story throws them into hysterics just about any time....who knows?!?

Happy Week!

0 Somethings To Talk About:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin