Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We were headed for the state fair

I caught the State Fair with my three favorite men - despite the rain and Sweet Harry's limp, we had a good time.
Sometimes you just capture personalities perfectly in pix - flirty Dean, Harry saying bring on the rain, and Jack making himself cozy. I sure do love these boys!

Dean and Jack partnered up again for a trip on the ferris wheel....
while Harry and I snuggled and enjoyed the views. Who would have thought it would be so chilly this early?? I'll take any excuse, tho!
Our little daredevils - they tried a racier ride at the last fair but it wasn't a hit with any of us. I think Harry's going to be into wild rides, but Jack is not having it yet. There is a great comparison shot in the slide show to the right, but I couldn't find it in a previous post. The ones from the last two years are linked below :-)

I loved this picture of the two of them posing for Dean - have to see what it looked like from the front, but it had me humming LL's Ugly From The Front all afternoon ;-)
I think I may have a real problem with photoging them from standing in front of fair gates, but this one shows how gimpy Harry was thru the entire thing - what a trooper he was! - and the beginnings of the rain

Our little racers - they've updated some of the cars, but this is a little bit of racing history

Ever the safety boys - looking both ways!


At the last fair, the found the joys of funhouses, and were SO looking forward to this one, which also included a maze....well, the story ends with three of us laughing as Jack describes how he walked "STRAIGHT INTO A SEE-THRU WALL!" We tried to convince him it will be funny after his nose stops hurting ;-)

He worked it for a while...

...but I was able to distract him with a discussion of cartilage - "just like a shark!"....exactly, Daniel-san!

Harry just spent the whole time making funny faces

Who loves Fair Food??

Jack went thru the better part of a bag of cotton candy with no ill effects, but a whole lotta silly!

He drove in deference to Harry's bum leg, and did a great job with the bumper cars!

Then it was game time! Attempting a bottle lift game...anything with a fishing pole!

Jack popped balloons on 5 of 7 attempts, but he was too fast and I was too excited clapping for him to get any good pix. Suffice it to say, you do not want to challenge this kid!




The nice carny helped Harry balance on one leg

and Harry was just a *little* excited to make a few pops of his own!

Gotta love a Daddy Hug of Victory!

It rained, a lot, and I couldn't get any good pix, but kinda liked their shadows walking home

Day is done

and boys are still silly!

Here's what it looked like last year
(they are riding in the same #8 car)
Doug Supernaw's State Fair

0 Somethings To Talk About:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin