Harry is working on consonant blends: sk, sm, sp. He found out that those are harder to find in story books - he went thru three on Wednesday nite before finding examples of all of them, but he did learn that sh and st are REALLY common in kids' books ;-)
He thinks he's ready for both test today, as well as his first reading test on The Mixed-Up Chameleon (and, no, I didn't find this in time for him to watch it, but think he'd dig that!).
********************
Jack's word study this week focused on long vs. short vowel sounds. His final word study activity last nite was sorting and gluing the pictured words. His practice test was a big success because he only misspelled 'vowls' once and mixed up the date a bit....he did, however, remember to put his whole name and student number at the top along with the crazy date ;-)
He finished his practice test and was waiting for Harry, so he asked if he could turn the page over to write his sentence like in class...sure. Nice sentence(s), sweet boy! We love you, too! Thanx for the reminder about all the good things in life ~
Jack was a little enthusiastic about writing, and I dug out this old book (30+ years). I had this book as a kid but somehow lost it. A co-worker gave hers to me when I joked about toting it around as a kid. (Funny how I remember these things as I'm typing - thank you, blog.) Jack thinks he hit the jackpot and can't wait to 'read all those words - she is so smart to know 35,000 words!' I think 'she' is my friend, who wrote her name in the front - thanx, Doris, for setting another generation along the road to loving words :-)
0 Somethings To Talk About:
Post a Comment
Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is