Sunday, January 11, 2009

Have pity on a dinosaur - the return of Chompers!

If you've been around a while, you might remember our first visit from Chompers and some of his mischief. Well, it seems that his trips with the other students has helped to improve his overall behavior ;-)

This weekend was Jack's turn to take responsibility for the school dinosaur, Chompers, so of course we had to

introduce him to our favorite postal worker, Ms. Sharon (how 'bout them Eagles?!?)
share some lunch
show him how to do chores, like taking care of his chair,
proper hand-washing technique
and good tooth-brushing habits
before settling in for a good read

before naptime

Today, Jack showed him how to rock the Leapster

check the local weather forecast
before heading out on a house-hunting adventure

and having a little lunch at our favorite mexican restaurant (quatro, por favor, not cinqo)

Chompers apparently likes the candy ;-)

and got a brief reunion with Harry and some ninja friends

Jack is supposed to write a story and draw a picture, then the teachers will compile the stories from the children in a book. I'll post his story if it's fun!
Dean took them out on a little house recon while I de-Christmased yesterday. They were jamming to a local rock station and Jack was enjoying it all; every song seemed to be his 'favorite EVER!' Dean asked him if he liked a song as it began, and Jack said something to the effect of:
You don't have to ask if I like a song, just watch my feet and if they are tapping I like it. If they're tapping really fast, it's the best song I've ever heard!
Hank Williams Jr's Dinosaur

0 Somethings To Talk About:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin