The Star Student week continued today, with a letter from a family member to the class explaining what is special about the star student. Dean has been traveling but wrote a letter as a surpise for Jack. It was a huge hit, especially since it gave Jack a chance to do his Silly Dance ;-)
Thanx, Dean, for being such an amazing Dad - he was so proud to have your letter today!
Dear Mrs. C and Room 118,
I wanted to write to tell you how proud I am of Jack and the fact that he is the Star Student of the Week in your class! I hope this is a chance for the class to get to know Jack even better and find out what a truly special boy he is. From the first time that I saw his picture with his brother Harry before he was even born I knew that having Jack in my life would bring so much joy and happiness. Seeing him grow up and learn so much has been even better than I could have ever imagined. It seems like only yesterday that I could hold Jack in one hand and now he is a Star Student in 1st Grade!
I am not the most sensitive person, but somehow Jack has become a caring person with a huge heart (he must get that from his mother, huh?). He tries to act tough sometimes, but he always tries to make his friends and family feel better. Whether its with a joke or his silly dancing, he makes me laugh all the time. I love being able to spend time with him playing sports and have been really lucky to be his coach for soccer and T-ball. Some of my favorite memories with Jack are when we are doing things as a family. Jack is really a great son and a great brother and the times we spend together mean the most to me. And when I am feeling down, Jack can really cheer me up with his awesome hugs.
Jack loves to read, play games, try different sports and is a great fisherman. From catching his first bass at his Uncle Les's house to catching our dinner at Ocracoke Island, Jack loves to bring in the big ones! Of course this makes him a great story teller and he often cheers me up with his tales and his quick wit. When the day is winding down, I love to have Jack read to me or for me to read to him as we finish the day off with a good book.
It's hard to sum up how I feel about Jack in a short letter, but I hope that everyone in his class gets to know him as I do. He is truly a special person, a great friend, and a wonderful kid and I am truly blessed to have him in my life. Congratulations, Jack!
Sincerely,
Dean
aka Jack's Dad
Joe Cocker's The Letter
2 Somethings To Talk About:
Beautiful!
I've had a chance to read a few letters that other parents have sent. They are all so sweet, I have no idea how the teacher gets thru when she's reading them.
Post a Comment
Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is