Sunday, September 12, 2010

The vista I see now is changing

It was a busy weekend, but a good one. The boys played with a lot of old toys in new ways, and Jack was full of imagination, and this was his favorite creation: Long Arm Guy
While volunteering in the library last week, I found out that Harry has been going with his friends who have trouble reading the AR quizzes and reading the questions/answers to them. What a good little helper he's being for his teacher and classmates :-) He hasn't taken any this year, but I just spent an hour listening to him read this book for an Accelerated Reader quiz tomorrow. It was a crazy long book, almost 40 pages, and still worth only .5 points. Who knows what will be on the quiz, how he'll do, or whether the librarian will think we're crazy for letting him try a 4th grade book, but....it's the most motivated I've ever seen him. I learned a lot and he was able to answer all the comprehension questions I asked him...except when he was joking around :rolleyes: He insisted on reading the entire thing in one sitting, so best of luck in the morning, little man!

Jack is reading this "In the wild" series, and this is the dolphin version. They are early 3rd grade, about 25 pages, and also worth .5 points. The librarian gives them a party at the end of each month if they earn a total of at least 3 points.

It's hard to believe how life has changed in the last couple of years - hang on, cause I doubt it will slow!

REM's Accelerate

0 Somethings To Talk About:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by - Tell It Like It Is

Blog Widget by LinkWithin